Air conditioning and heating systems of the house
Services of the house
Facilities and services
Location and surroundings
Number of rooms
Size of rooms
Holiday themes - the place
Holiday themes - town size
Holiday themes - area features
Holiday themes - house features
The village of Uzzano Castello stands on top of a hill in the northwestern part of Valdinievole valley, between the towns of Pescia and Buggiano. Its strategic location has always played a major role in its history, in that it enabled to control all the valley below and the surrounding villages.
Though the first written records of Uzzano date back to 960 AD, its original settlements date back to the Lombard period.
Previously a dominion of the municipality of Lucca, in 1339 Uzzano fell under the municipality of Florence, which marked the beginning of its flourishing.
A few years before the unification of Italy, Uzzano, as well as Valdinievole valley, came back under the jurisdiction of Lucca, which in turn became a province of the new Italian state.
The village’s monuments testify its ancient history: St. James’ and St. Martin’s Church, the Oratorio della Misericordia overlooking the valley, the Oratorio of St. Anthony of Padua, the Oratorio of the Madonna del Canale, the Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo. Outside the village, about 2 km along a road hugging the valley, lies La Costa, a tiny village near Uzzano, where a beautiful church in Romanesque style dedicated to St. Bartholomew and St. Sylvester is located.